Dec 1, 2011, 12:59 PM EST
And you thought seven years was a long commitment to Barry Zito:
Barry Zito, one of the great hunks of Giants baseball, is headed to the altar. The three-time All Star pitcher and his fiancee, 25-year-old actress Amber Marie Seyer — a former Miss Missouri USA — showed up at the Marin County clerk’s office Nov. 18 to take out a marriage license.
I was gonna say something snide about the “great hunks” line and how it’s so fluffy and trivial, but then I remembered I wrote several hundred words about “Baseball Wives” this morning, so I’m pretty much disqualified from acting like I’m better than anything ever. And it’s not like I’m posting this thing about Zito ironically or anything. I own the fluff content of this blog. Own it proudly, jack.
Anyway, the best part of it was that the clerk asked Zito if he wanted a confidential marriage license or if it was OK for it to be a public document and he said public was fine because “I’m over myself.”
How about you, Giants fans? You over Zito too?
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)