Dec 1, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
And you thought seven years was a long commitment to Barry Zito:
Barry Zito, one of the great hunks of Giants baseball, is headed to the altar. The three-time All Star pitcher and his fiancee, 25-year-old actress Amber Marie Seyer — a former Miss Missouri USA — showed up at the Marin County clerk’s office Nov. 18 to take out a marriage license.
I was gonna say something snide about the “great hunks” line and how it’s so fluffy and trivial, but then I remembered I wrote several hundred words about “Baseball Wives” this morning, so I’m pretty much disqualified from acting like I’m better than anything ever. And it’s not like I’m posting this thing about Zito ironically or anything. I own the fluff content of this blog. Own it proudly, jack.
Anyway, the best part of it was that the clerk asked Zito if he wanted a confidential marriage license or if it was OK for it to be a public document and he said public was fine because “I’m over myself.”
How about you, Giants fans? You over Zito too?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 30
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 12
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)