Dec 1, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
And you thought seven years was a long commitment to Barry Zito:
Barry Zito, one of the great hunks of Giants baseball, is headed to the altar. The three-time All Star pitcher and his fiancee, 25-year-old actress Amber Marie Seyer — a former Miss Missouri USA — showed up at the Marin County clerk’s office Nov. 18 to take out a marriage license.
I was gonna say something snide about the “great hunks” line and how it’s so fluffy and trivial, but then I remembered I wrote several hundred words about “Baseball Wives” this morning, so I’m pretty much disqualified from acting like I’m better than anything ever. And it’s not like I’m posting this thing about Zito ironically or anything. I own the fluff content of this blog. Own it proudly, jack.
Anyway, the best part of it was that the clerk asked Zito if he wanted a confidential marriage license or if it was OK for it to be a public document and he said public was fine because “I’m over myself.”
How about you, Giants fans? You over Zito too?
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 20
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 68
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (126)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)