Dec 1, 2011, 12:59 PM EDT
And you thought seven years was a long commitment to Barry Zito:
Barry Zito, one of the great hunks of Giants baseball, is headed to the altar. The three-time All Star pitcher and his fiancee, 25-year-old actress Amber Marie Seyer — a former Miss Missouri USA — showed up at the Marin County clerk’s office Nov. 18 to take out a marriage license.
I was gonna say something snide about the “great hunks” line and how it’s so fluffy and trivial, but then I remembered I wrote several hundred words about “Baseball Wives” this morning, so I’m pretty much disqualified from acting like I’m better than anything ever. And it’s not like I’m posting this thing about Zito ironically or anything. I own the fluff content of this blog. Own it proudly, jack.
Anyway, the best part of it was that the clerk asked Zito if he wanted a confidential marriage license or if it was OK for it to be a public document and he said public was fine because “I’m over myself.”
How about you, Giants fans? You over Zito too?
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)