Dec 1, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
According to Padilla the White Sox made Danks several offers “not that long ago” and were rebuffed, so they haven’t even attempted to re-start the talks.
Danks is one season away from free agency and figures to earn around $8 million in 2012 via arbitration, so with general manager Ken Williams pondering a rebuilding effort he could be one of the White Sox’s most sought after pieces.
Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune writes that Gavin Floyd could also be on the trading block and, unlike Danks, he’s under team control for two more seasons. Over the past three years Danks has thrown 584 innings with a 3.92 ERA, while Floyd has logged 574 innings with a 4.17 ERA.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)