Dec 2, 2011, 8:14 AM EST
UPDATE: That was quick. According to the Associated Press, Bobby V has already accepted Cashman’s challenge. Next December, it’s on.
8:14 AM: Brian Cashman rappelled down a 22-story building in Stamford, Connecticut last year for that city’s “Heights and Lights” ceremony. He’s doing it again as I speak.
One would think that this is highly dangerous business. I mean, if that city had a public safety official with any kind of stature, he’s put an end to it this instant! Someone, tell me! Who is Stamford’s Director of Public Safety?!
Oh, wait. I see your game, Valentine. I see your game.
Anyway, Cashman took the opportunity this morning to have fun with it. Before he went over the edge he — seriously — publicly challenged Stamford’s own Bobby V. to join him next year.
“You go first.”
Yankees-Red Sox, baby.
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 0
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 338
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (338)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)