Dec 2, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
UPDATE: That was quick. According to the Associated Press, Bobby V has already accepted Cashman’s challenge. Next December, it’s on.
8:14 AM: Brian Cashman rappelled down a 22-story building in Stamford, Connecticut last year for that city’s “Heights and Lights” ceremony. He’s doing it again as I speak.
One would think that this is highly dangerous business. I mean, if that city had a public safety official with any kind of stature, he’s put an end to it this instant! Someone, tell me! Who is Stamford’s Director of Public Safety?!
Oh, wait. I see your game, Valentine. I see your game.
Anyway, Cashman took the opportunity this morning to have fun with it. Before he went over the edge he — seriously — publicly challenged Stamford’s own Bobby V. to join him next year.
“You go first.”
Yankees-Red Sox, baby.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)