Dec 2, 2011, 8:14 AM EDT
UPDATE: That was quick. According to the Associated Press, Bobby V has already accepted Cashman’s challenge. Next December, it’s on.
8:14 AM: Brian Cashman rappelled down a 22-story building in Stamford, Connecticut last year for that city’s “Heights and Lights” ceremony. He’s doing it again as I speak.
One would think that this is highly dangerous business. I mean, if that city had a public safety official with any kind of stature, he’s put an end to it this instant! Someone, tell me! Who is Stamford’s Director of Public Safety?!
Oh, wait. I see your game, Valentine. I see your game.
Anyway, Cashman took the opportunity this morning to have fun with it. Before he went over the edge he — seriously — publicly challenged Stamford’s own Bobby V. to join him next year.
“You go first.”
Yankees-Red Sox, baby.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)