Dec 2, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine turned down a chance to interview for the Astros’ general manager opening and apparently he wasn’t alone.
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, White Sox assistant general manager Rick Hahn and MLB senior vice president of baseball operations Kim Ng also said no thanks to the Astros.
Houston’s top choice is obviously Andrew Friedman of the Rays and the Astros at least got Rockies assistant general manager Bill Geivett to agree to an interview.
Much like the Orioles last month before they settled on Dan Duquette, it sure seems as though most of baseball views the Astros’ gig as an extremely tough one.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47