Dec 2, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine turned down a chance to interview for the Astros’ general manager opening and apparently he wasn’t alone.
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, White Sox assistant general manager Rick Hahn and MLB senior vice president of baseball operations Kim Ng also said no thanks to the Astros.
Houston’s top choice is obviously Andrew Friedman of the Rays and the Astros at least got Rockies assistant general manager Bill Geivett to agree to an interview.
Much like the Orioles last month before they settled on Dan Duquette, it sure seems as though most of baseball views the Astros’ gig as an extremely tough one.
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 21
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 142
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)