Dec 2, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine turned down a chance to interview for the Astros’ general manager opening and apparently he wasn’t alone.
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, White Sox assistant general manager Rick Hahn and MLB senior vice president of baseball operations Kim Ng also said no thanks to the Astros.
Houston’s top choice is obviously Andrew Friedman of the Rays and the Astros at least got Rockies assistant general manager Bill Geivett to agree to an interview.
Much like the Orioles last month before they settled on Dan Duquette, it sure seems as though most of baseball views the Astros’ gig as an extremely tough one.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)