Dec 2, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine turned down a chance to interview for the Astros’ general manager opening and apparently he wasn’t alone.
According to Jon Heyman of SI.com, White Sox assistant general manager Rick Hahn and MLB senior vice president of baseball operations Kim Ng also said no thanks to the Astros.
Houston’s top choice is obviously Andrew Friedman of the Rays and the Astros at least got Rockies assistant general manager Bill Geivett to agree to an interview.
Much like the Orioles last month before they settled on Dan Duquette, it sure seems as though most of baseball views the Astros’ gig as an extremely tough one.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)