Dec 2, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
I don’t even know what to do with this. I always sort of regretted that I quit buying baseball cards in the late 80s, but Jon Bois’ latest installment of “Sports Cards for Insane People” over at SB Nation has made me really regret it.
Yes, SkyBox put out a set in 1999 in which whoever writes the blurbs for for baseball cards wrote raps to describe guys like … Jamie Moyer. And Bruce Chen. And Russ Davis. Because that’s all so apt. I mean, yes, some things age poorly, but how that ever seemed like a good idea is beyond me.
But hey, our gain. I think. Oh my god.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)