Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
The problem, of course, is that all of those dudes are owed a lot of money. Both Rodriguez and Myers are owed in excess of $10 million a year for the next couple of years. Lee is owed a staggering $18.5 million. Each could be marginally useful, but it’s not like anyone is going to give up anything of value for them.
Still, when you take over a team, clearing the decks is probably pretty cathartic, so Jim Crane likely doesn’t care all that much what he gets for those dudes as long as it’s not nothing.
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 0
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 10
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)