Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
The problem, of course, is that all of those dudes are owed a lot of money. Both Rodriguez and Myers are owed in excess of $10 million a year for the next couple of years. Lee is owed a staggering $18.5 million. Each could be marginally useful, but it’s not like anyone is going to give up anything of value for them.
Still, when you take over a team, clearing the decks is probably pretty cathartic, so Jim Crane likely doesn’t care all that much what he gets for those dudes as long as it’s not nothing.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 78
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47