Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
The problem, of course, is that all of those dudes are owed a lot of money. Both Rodriguez and Myers are owed in excess of $10 million a year for the next couple of years. Lee is owed a staggering $18.5 million. Each could be marginally useful, but it’s not like anyone is going to give up anything of value for them.
Still, when you take over a team, clearing the decks is probably pretty cathartic, so Jim Crane likely doesn’t care all that much what he gets for those dudes as long as it’s not nothing.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 16
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)