Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 AM EDT
The problem, of course, is that all of those dudes are owed a lot of money. Both Rodriguez and Myers are owed in excess of $10 million a year for the next couple of years. Lee is owed a staggering $18.5 million. Each could be marginally useful, but it’s not like anyone is going to give up anything of value for them.
Still, when you take over a team, clearing the decks is probably pretty cathartic, so Jim Crane likely doesn’t care all that much what he gets for those dudes as long as it’s not nothing.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)