Dec 2, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT
UPDATE: Or maybe not. Jayson Stark says that the Marlins have made very little headway. So, just like, never mind.
Probably a safe assumption that the Marlins, while not totally full of it given their signing of Heath Bell, happen to still be full of quite a bit of it.
4:30 PM We heard this morning that the Marlins were going to sweeten their offer for Jose Reyes. Underscoring that: Jim Bowden said a few minutes ago that Miami is putting on “an all-out press” to get the shortstop. They’ll apparently stop at nothing — not even mixing metaphors — to get a deal done.
Bowden says the Marlins want to have Reyes locked up by the time the Winter Meetings start on Monday. If so, they’ll have to do better than the six-year $90 million offer they reportedly had out previously.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 6
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 19
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)