Dec 2, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi write today that the Marlins have “discussed Prince Fielder internally and done background work on his makeup.” They add that “some club officials are indeed enamored of the idea” of putting Fielder in the same lineup as Mike Stanton.
This is somewhat tepid, I suppose, inasmuch as it doesn’t sound close to an offer, but the Marlins are nothing if not thorough this offseason. One wonders what they don’t know about Fielder’s “makeup” at this point — the guy has been around for a long damn time now — but whatever.
Like most folks, I don’t think that Albert Pujols is going anyplace besides St. Louis. If the Marlins are intent on spending big for a big bat — and they did make an offer to Pujols — Fielder seems far more obtainable.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)