Dec 2, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
A lot of things make me feel old lately. My hairline. The fact that I can’t seem to sleep plast 7:30AM no matter how late I stay up. The fact that teenagers frighten and confuse me. Happens to everyone, I guess. Time really does move faster for a person when they get older.
But nothing has made me feel quite as old this week as reading that Ken Griffey Jr.’s son Trey is old enough to be playing in a high school all-star football game:
Trey Griffey was officially named as a participant to play in the Under Armour All-American Game at a ceremony held at Dr. Phillips (Orlando, Fla.) on Wednesday. Griffey will play for the East team in the game, which will be played Jan. 5 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg.
He’s a pretty great receiver, apparently. Which is fairly amazing considering that, in my mind, Ken Griffey Jr. is still 23 years-old.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 73
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)