Dec 3, 2011, 7:02 PM EDT
Valaika was shut down in early September after tearing his right ACL during a game against the Rockies. He eventually underwent surgery.
The Reds are fully expecting the 26-year-old to be back to 100 percent health by the start of spring training next February. He’ll be looking to lock up a spot on the Cincinnati bench after batting .280/.333/.400 across 27 plate appearances in 2011.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 23
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)