Dec 3, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
“Yes, we are aware of the investigation that the SEC is conducting on the issuance of the county’s and city’s stadium and parking bonds. Of course we will fully cooperate with the SEC’s investigation as needed and assist in whatever way possible. Because this is an on-going matter, it is not appropriate to comment further.”
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post was told by a Marlins official this morning that the investigation “will have no affect whatsoever on our roster plans,” but one wonders if high-profile free agents like Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, C.J. Wilson and Aramis Ramirez may at least think twice about signing there, especially since the Marlins are reluctant to give no-trade clauses.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)