Dec 4, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
Apparently the Marlins might not be done spending.
Wilson’s agent is also said to have a meeting scheduled with the Red Sox and of course the Rangers may still be somewhat in the mix, while the Yankees have made it very clear that they aren’t interested in Wilson.
Previous reports about Wilson seeking $100 million may have sounded outlandish, but if the Marlins are still throwing around money and there are three other teams legitimately making a play for him the free agent left-hander certainly seems likely to at least top $75 million.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 6
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)