Dec 4, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
Apparently the Marlins might not be done spending.
Wilson’s agent is also said to have a meeting scheduled with the Red Sox and of course the Rangers may still be somewhat in the mix, while the Yankees have made it very clear that they aren’t interested in Wilson.
Previous reports about Wilson seeking $100 million may have sounded outlandish, but if the Marlins are still throwing around money and there are three other teams legitimately making a play for him the free agent left-hander certainly seems likely to at least top $75 million.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)