Dec 4, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
Apparently the Marlins might not be done spending.
Wilson’s agent is also said to have a meeting scheduled with the Red Sox and of course the Rangers may still be somewhat in the mix, while the Yankees have made it very clear that they aren’t interested in Wilson.
Previous reports about Wilson seeking $100 million may have sounded outlandish, but if the Marlins are still throwing around money and there are three other teams legitimately making a play for him the free agent left-hander certainly seems likely to at least top $75 million.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with apparent side injury 5
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 2
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 6
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)