Dec 4, 2011, 10:33 PM EDT
Apparently the Marlins might not be done spending.
Wilson’s agent is also said to have a meeting scheduled with the Red Sox and of course the Rangers may still be somewhat in the mix, while the Yankees have made it very clear that they aren’t interested in Wilson.
Previous reports about Wilson seeking $100 million may have sounded outlandish, but if the Marlins are still throwing around money and there are three other teams legitimately making a play for him the free agent left-hander certainly seems likely to at least top $75 million.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)