Dec 4, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
Now the Japanese right-hander is said to be considering “all options” in free agency.
Well, here’s an intriguing one:
According to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, new Cubs president Theo Epstein has expressed interest in bringing Kuroda aboard this winter.
The 36-year-old registered a sparkling 3.07 ERA and 1.21 WHIP in 32 starts this past year for Los Angeles, striking out 161 batters and issuing only 49 walks over 202 total innings. He’s also considering an offer to return home to pitch for the Hiroshima Carp, and he’ll surely get offers from other MLB teams.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 67
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)