Dec 4, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
Now the Japanese right-hander is said to be considering “all options” in free agency.
Well, here’s an intriguing one:
According to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, new Cubs president Theo Epstein has expressed interest in bringing Kuroda aboard this winter.
The 36-year-old registered a sparkling 3.07 ERA and 1.21 WHIP in 32 starts this past year for Los Angeles, striking out 161 batters and issuing only 49 walks over 202 total innings. He’s also considering an offer to return home to pitch for the Hiroshima Carp, and he’ll surely get offers from other MLB teams.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 32
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 18
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 44
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)