Dec 4, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
Now the Japanese right-hander is said to be considering “all options” in free agency.
Well, here’s an intriguing one:
According to Phil Rogers of the Chicago Tribune, new Cubs president Theo Epstein has expressed interest in bringing Kuroda aboard this winter.
The 36-year-old registered a sparkling 3.07 ERA and 1.21 WHIP in 32 starts this past year for Los Angeles, striking out 161 batters and issuing only 49 walks over 202 total innings. He’s also considering an offer to return home to pitch for the Hiroshima Carp, and he’ll surely get offers from other MLB teams.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination