Dec 4, 2011, 6:59 PM EST
It’s not quite Rick Reilly challenging Sammy Sosa to pee in a cup, but SI.com’s Jon Heyman today tried to reopen the debate on Albert Pujols’ age:
If albert pujols wants to beat $200M 9-yr cardinals offer, he should produce birth certificate. skepticism abounds over 31 claim
Pujols, who was born in the Domincan Republic but who went to high school in Missouri, has been dogged by age rumors since before he was drafted and in particular since he proved to be a man among boys upon debuting with the Cardinals in 2001. Many believe that he’s two or three years older than his listed age.
Still, we’re guessing Heyman wouldn’t have gone here if Pujols were a Scott Boras client.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)