Dec 4, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
The Nationals made a big splash at last December’s Winter Meetings, signing outfielder Jayson Werth to a seven-year, $126 million contract. Might they be preparing a similar-style plunge at this year’s event?
Wilson, 31, posted a stellar 2.94 ERA and 206/74 K/BB ratio in 223 1/3 innings this past season for the Rangers. He was a dominant reliever, and he’s now turned himself into a top-of-the-line rotation arm.
The Marlins, Angels and Red Sox are also thought to have interest. Texas is likely to make a bid as well.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)