Dec 4, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
The Nationals made a big splash at last December’s Winter Meetings, signing outfielder Jayson Werth to a seven-year, $126 million contract. Might they be preparing a similar-style plunge at this year’s event?
Wilson, 31, posted a stellar 2.94 ERA and 206/74 K/BB ratio in 223 1/3 innings this past season for the Rangers. He was a dominant reliever, and he’s now turned himself into a top-of-the-line rotation arm.
The Marlins, Angels and Red Sox are also thought to have interest. Texas is likely to make a bid as well.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (99)