Dec 5, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
UPDATE II: If you’re wondering why C.J. Wilson hasn’t accepted that six-year offer from the Nationals yet, well, it’s because it’s apparently not true. Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo just told Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM that he hasn’t offered Wilson a six-year deal.
UPDATE: The mystery team is revealed. According to Jim Duquette of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM, the Nationals are the team who offered C.J. Wilson a six-year contract.
5:04 PM: Last night Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported that four teams had made offers to C.J. Wilson and now Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram writes that one of those offers is a six-year contract.
And it’s not from the Rangers, who’re scheduled to meet with Wilson’s agent tonight or tomorrow.
According to Jeff Wilson there’s a fifth team in the mix for the free agent left-hander that has so far “remained anonymous” along with the Rangers, Nationals, Angels, and Marlins.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)