Dec 5, 2011, 10:00 PM EST
UPDATE II: If you’re wondering why C.J. Wilson hasn’t accepted that six-year offer from the Nationals yet, well, it’s because it’s apparently not true. Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo just told Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM that he hasn’t offered Wilson a six-year deal.
UPDATE: The mystery team is revealed. According to Jim Duquette of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM, the Nationals are the team who offered C.J. Wilson a six-year contract.
5:04 PM: Last night Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported that four teams had made offers to C.J. Wilson and now Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram writes that one of those offers is a six-year contract.
And it’s not from the Rangers, who’re scheduled to meet with Wilson’s agent tonight or tomorrow.
According to Jeff Wilson there’s a fifth team in the mix for the free agent left-hander that has so far “remained anonymous” along with the Rangers, Nationals, Angels, and Marlins.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)