Dec 5, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
UPDATE II: If you’re wondering why C.J. Wilson hasn’t accepted that six-year offer from the Nationals yet, well, it’s because it’s apparently not true. Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo just told Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM that he hasn’t offered Wilson a six-year deal.
UPDATE: The mystery team is revealed. According to Jim Duquette of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM, the Nationals are the team who offered C.J. Wilson a six-year contract.
5:04 PM: Last night Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported that four teams had made offers to C.J. Wilson and now Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram writes that one of those offers is a six-year contract.
And it’s not from the Rangers, who’re scheduled to meet with Wilson’s agent tonight or tomorrow.
According to Jeff Wilson there’s a fifth team in the mix for the free agent left-hander that has so far “remained anonymous” along with the Rangers, Nationals, Angels, and Marlins.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 19
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)