Dec 5, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
UPDATE II: If you’re wondering why C.J. Wilson hasn’t accepted that six-year offer from the Nationals yet, well, it’s because it’s apparently not true. Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo just told Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM that he hasn’t offered Wilson a six-year deal.
UPDATE: The mystery team is revealed. According to Jim Duquette of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM, the Nationals are the team who offered C.J. Wilson a six-year contract.
5:04 PM: Last night Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported that four teams had made offers to C.J. Wilson and now Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram writes that one of those offers is a six-year contract.
And it’s not from the Rangers, who’re scheduled to meet with Wilson’s agent tonight or tomorrow.
According to Jeff Wilson there’s a fifth team in the mix for the free agent left-hander that has so far “remained anonymous” along with the Rangers, Nationals, Angels, and Marlins.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)