Dec 5, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT
UPDATE II: If you’re wondering why C.J. Wilson hasn’t accepted that six-year offer from the Nationals yet, well, it’s because it’s apparently not true. Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo just told Jim Bowden of ESPN and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM that he hasn’t offered Wilson a six-year deal.
UPDATE: The mystery team is revealed. According to Jim Duquette of MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM, the Nationals are the team who offered C.J. Wilson a six-year contract.
5:04 PM: Last night Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reported that four teams had made offers to C.J. Wilson and now Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram writes that one of those offers is a six-year contract.
And it’s not from the Rangers, who’re scheduled to meet with Wilson’s agent tonight or tomorrow.
According to Jeff Wilson there’s a fifth team in the mix for the free agent left-hander that has so far “remained anonymous” along with the Rangers, Nationals, Angels, and Marlins.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)