Dec 5, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
3:55 p.m. EST update: FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says it’ll be a two-year deal. Probably another Frank McCourt special: $2 million the first year, $8 million the second.
3:35 p.m. EST update: ESPN’s Jim Bowden reports that the Dodgers and Harang have agreed to terms. No money yet, but it’s probably a one-year deal. Harang will fit in at the back of the rotation, likely pushing young Nathan Eolvaldi back to Triple-A.
3:25 p.m. EST update: Sources tell FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal that the Dodgers and Harang are making progress on a deal.
The Dodgers appear to have a full rotation after signing Chris Capuano to go along with Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ted Lilly and Nathan Eolvaldi, but according to FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi, they’re showing interest in Aaron Harang.
It’d be a great fit for Harang, who wants to stay on the West Coast after signing with the Padres a year ago. He would have preferred San Diego brought him back, but the Padres declined a $5 million option for 2012. Harang will likely want a similar amount to sign on with the Dodgers.
Harang went 14-7 with a 3.64 ERA for the Padres last season, though it’s well worth noting that he had a 4.70 ERA and a 1.65 WHIP away from Petco Park. He’s not necessarily an upgrade on Eovaldi, a soon-to-be 22-year-old right-hander had a 3.63 ERA in six starts and four relief appearances for the Dodgers last season.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)