Dec 5, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
3:55 p.m. EST update: FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says it’ll be a two-year deal. Probably another Frank McCourt special: $2 million the first year, $8 million the second.
3:35 p.m. EST update: ESPN’s Jim Bowden reports that the Dodgers and Harang have agreed to terms. No money yet, but it’s probably a one-year deal. Harang will fit in at the back of the rotation, likely pushing young Nathan Eolvaldi back to Triple-A.
3:25 p.m. EST update: Sources tell FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal that the Dodgers and Harang are making progress on a deal.
The Dodgers appear to have a full rotation after signing Chris Capuano to go along with Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ted Lilly and Nathan Eolvaldi, but according to FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi, they’re showing interest in Aaron Harang.
It’d be a great fit for Harang, who wants to stay on the West Coast after signing with the Padres a year ago. He would have preferred San Diego brought him back, but the Padres declined a $5 million option for 2012. Harang will likely want a similar amount to sign on with the Dodgers.
Harang went 14-7 with a 3.64 ERA for the Padres last season, though it’s well worth noting that he had a 4.70 ERA and a 1.65 WHIP away from Petco Park. He’s not necessarily an upgrade on Eovaldi, a soon-to-be 22-year-old right-hander had a 3.63 ERA in six starts and four relief appearances for the Dodgers last season.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)