Dec 5, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
3:55 p.m. EST update: FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says it’ll be a two-year deal. Probably another Frank McCourt special: $2 million the first year, $8 million the second.
3:35 p.m. EST update: ESPN’s Jim Bowden reports that the Dodgers and Harang have agreed to terms. No money yet, but it’s probably a one-year deal. Harang will fit in at the back of the rotation, likely pushing young Nathan Eolvaldi back to Triple-A.
3:25 p.m. EST update: Sources tell FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal that the Dodgers and Harang are making progress on a deal.
The Dodgers appear to have a full rotation after signing Chris Capuano to go along with Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ted Lilly and Nathan Eolvaldi, but according to FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi, they’re showing interest in Aaron Harang.
It’d be a great fit for Harang, who wants to stay on the West Coast after signing with the Padres a year ago. He would have preferred San Diego brought him back, but the Padres declined a $5 million option for 2012. Harang will likely want a similar amount to sign on with the Dodgers.
Harang went 14-7 with a 3.64 ERA for the Padres last season, though it’s well worth noting that he had a 4.70 ERA and a 1.65 WHIP away from Petco Park. He’s not necessarily an upgrade on Eovaldi, a soon-to-be 22-year-old right-hander had a 3.63 ERA in six starts and four relief appearances for the Dodgers last season.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 12
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 103
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (108)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)