Dec 5, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
3:55 p.m. EST update: FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi says it’ll be a two-year deal. Probably another Frank McCourt special: $2 million the first year, $8 million the second.
3:35 p.m. EST update: ESPN’s Jim Bowden reports that the Dodgers and Harang have agreed to terms. No money yet, but it’s probably a one-year deal. Harang will fit in at the back of the rotation, likely pushing young Nathan Eolvaldi back to Triple-A.
3:25 p.m. EST update: Sources tell FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal that the Dodgers and Harang are making progress on a deal.
The Dodgers appear to have a full rotation after signing Chris Capuano to go along with Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Ted Lilly and Nathan Eolvaldi, but according to FOXSports.com’s Jon Paul Morosi, they’re showing interest in Aaron Harang.
It’d be a great fit for Harang, who wants to stay on the West Coast after signing with the Padres a year ago. He would have preferred San Diego brought him back, but the Padres declined a $5 million option for 2012. Harang will likely want a similar amount to sign on with the Dodgers.
Harang went 14-7 with a 3.64 ERA for the Padres last season, though it’s well worth noting that he had a 4.70 ERA and a 1.65 WHIP away from Petco Park. He’s not necessarily an upgrade on Eovaldi, a soon-to-be 22-year-old right-hander had a 3.63 ERA in six starts and four relief appearances for the Dodgers last season.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)