Dec 5, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
Carlos Guillen‘s agent Wilfredo Polidor told Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes that the Royals, Marlins, Twins, Athletics and Mariners have expressed interest in his client. The link is in Spanish, so you might just have to take my word for it.
Guillen, 36, batted just .232/.265/.368 with three home runs, 13 RBI and a .633 OPS over 102 plate appearances with the Tigers this season.
Guillen hasn’t appeared in more than 113 games since the 2008 season due to a laundry list of injuries, but Polidor told Rojas that his client is “working like an animal in Miami” in hopes of latching on somewhere as a utility man. While Polidor insists that Guillen is drawing interest, one wonders how many teams will be willing to give him a guaranteed major-league contract at this point.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27