Dec 5, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
Qualls posted a 3.51 ERA and 43/20 K/BB ratio over 74 1/3 innings with the Padres this season. The 33-year-old right-hander enjoyed most of his success at the spacious PETCO Park, posting a 2.09 ERA at home compared to an ugly 5.05 ERA on the road.
The Mets are weighing a wide variety of low-cost bounceback types for the back-end of their bullpen, including Frank Francisco and Jon Rauch, but considering that Qualls’ strikeout rate has declined over the past two seasons and he was a disaster as Arizona’s closer in 2010, he’s probably better suited to a seventh or eighth-inning role at this point.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 27
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)