Dec 5, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post spoke to a Nationals source who classified the team’s alleged interest as “not even a good lie.”
Washington already has $8 million committed to Adam LaRoche at first base, although he’s a question mark after missing all but 43 games with a shoulder injury.
Obviously if Pujols or Fielder feel like lowering their demands the number of teams legitimately in the mix for them would increase, but right now the market for the slugging first basemen seems pretty well defined as just 2-3 teams apiece.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)