Dec 5, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
Salisbury writes that Rollins continues to insist on a five-year contract, with the Phillies understandably balking at making that sort of commitment to a 33-year-old shortstop who’s already started to decline.
In the meantime the Phillies have increased their pursuit of free agent Aramis Ramirez and are said to be shopping Placido Polanco to potentially make room at third base. However, a source told Salisbury that he still expects Rollins to eventually re-sign with the Phillies and indicated that the team’s interest in Ramirez is only as a fallback option.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)