Dec 5, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Salisbury writes that Rollins continues to insist on a five-year contract, with the Phillies understandably balking at making that sort of commitment to a 33-year-old shortstop who’s already started to decline.
In the meantime the Phillies have increased their pursuit of free agent Aramis Ramirez and are said to be shopping Placido Polanco to potentially make room at third base. However, a source told Salisbury that he still expects Rollins to eventually re-sign with the Phillies and indicated that the team’s interest in Ramirez is only as a fallback option.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)