Dec 5, 2011, 2:33 PM EDT
Salisbury writes that Rollins continues to insist on a five-year contract, with the Phillies understandably balking at making that sort of commitment to a 33-year-old shortstop who’s already started to decline.
In the meantime the Phillies have increased their pursuit of free agent Aramis Ramirez and are said to be shopping Placido Polanco to potentially make room at third base. However, a source told Salisbury that he still expects Rollins to eventually re-sign with the Phillies and indicated that the team’s interest in Ramirez is only as a fallback option.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (74)