Quote of the Day: Heath Bell

Dec 5, 2011, 3:52 PM EDT

Heath Bell

Heath Bell is, as I speak, being introduced as a Miami Marlin.  The first question he was asked in the press conference was “why is it a good time to be a Miami Marlin?”  His answer:

“New name, new stadium and we’re going to be in the city of Miami … right?”

Yes, Heath. It’s in Miami. Just ask the city officials who get subpoenaed.

It was kind of cute, though.  Heath Bell seems like an astonishingly normal dude. He was later asked how he coped with being constantly named in trade rumors over the past year or two and he said “trades are just a bunch of rumors and stuff.”

1. sknut - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Wait didn’t he just pitch in San Diego? Is Miami that much of an upgrade? Being stuck in the frozen tundra I am jealous of such decisions.

• sportsdrenched.com - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM

That’s what I was thinking. I could understand if he were pitching some place up north, but he was in San Diego.

Wow, The Marlins are going to be an entertaining circus this season. I can’t wait.

• sportsdrenched.com - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:13 PM

and are we in “This Season” territory yet? Or should I complain about an edit function, apoligize for being uncouth, and say it should say “next season?

• phukyouk - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:39 PM

this should help you understand better

• Old Gator - Dec 5, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Here’s another reason why you would rather live in Macondo: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/12/05/2532804/north-miami-beach-officer-fired.html

I mean, really. Stuff like this doesn’t happen in San Diego.

• Old Gator - Dec 5, 2011 at 5:49 PM

It’s already this season. It became this season when last season ended. You can’t be in two seasons at once when you’re not anywhere at all. Oh, and my lamb roast is ready, Pass the seasoning.

2. yankeesgameday - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:10 PM

San Diego is a sleepy little hamlet compared to Miami.

3. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I’d much rather live in San Diego, but hey, that’s just me. Best of luck to you, Heath.

This will be the first time in decades that there will be a closer in San Diego who isn’t named or wasn’t tutored by Trevor Hoffman.

4. andyreidisfat - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:19 PM

If the marlins do sign albert or prince
    I hate to say it but I think they are better than the phills at that point

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Not yet, not even close; Philadelphia has that murdersome rotation. Halladay, Lee, Hamels and Worley? Yowza.

• saints97 - Dec 5, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Unfortunately, the murdersome expires in October.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Dec 6, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Only Hamels. Who they’ll likely re-sign. Either way, Halladay, Doc and Worley alone are better than any rotation out there, except for maybe Oakland’s at the moment.

• HitsDingers - Dec 6, 2011 at 3:48 AM

Counting on Josh Johnson’s annual injury, a rotation of Nolasco, Sanchez, Volstad, Hand doesn’t cut it.

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3130)