Dec 5, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Heyman says that the Deadspin stories on Lozano are the talk of the winter meetings, and that while Pujols has maintained he’s staying with his agent, his wife wants him to break off the relationship.
The Deadspin piece that includes accusations of Lozano setting up prospective clients with prostitutes, as well as plenty of other bad behavior, can be found here. A followup was posted last week. Pujols stated after the original article that he had every intention of standing by his agent.
Even though he has a host of well-paid clients, Lozano is still in financial trouble, according to the article, and he’s banking on the approx. $1 million per year Pujols’ new contract will earn him in order to keep his empire going.
However, it seems that Pujols’ wife, Deidre, is more believing of the Deadspin side of things and would prefer to escape the sleaze.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 46
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 15
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 6
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 74
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (75)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement