Dec 5, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Heyman says that the Deadspin stories on Lozano are the talk of the winter meetings, and that while Pujols has maintained he’s staying with his agent, his wife wants him to break off the relationship.
The Deadspin piece that includes accusations of Lozano setting up prospective clients with prostitutes, as well as plenty of other bad behavior, can be found here. A followup was posted last week. Pujols stated after the original article that he had every intention of standing by his agent.
Even though he has a host of well-paid clients, Lozano is still in financial trouble, according to the article, and he’s banking on the approx. $1 million per year Pujols’ new contract will earn him in order to keep his empire going.
However, it seems that Pujols’ wife, Deidre, is more believing of the Deadspin side of things and would prefer to escape the sleaze.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (75)