Dec 5, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Heyman says that the Deadspin stories on Lozano are the talk of the winter meetings, and that while Pujols has maintained he’s staying with his agent, his wife wants him to break off the relationship.
The Deadspin piece that includes accusations of Lozano setting up prospective clients with prostitutes, as well as plenty of other bad behavior, can be found here. A followup was posted last week. Pujols stated after the original article that he had every intention of standing by his agent.
Even though he has a host of well-paid clients, Lozano is still in financial trouble, according to the article, and he’s banking on the approx. $1 million per year Pujols’ new contract will earn him in order to keep his empire going.
However, it seems that Pujols’ wife, Deidre, is more believing of the Deadspin side of things and would prefer to escape the sleaze.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (294)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)