Dec 5, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Heyman says that the Deadspin stories on Lozano are the talk of the winter meetings, and that while Pujols has maintained he’s staying with his agent, his wife wants him to break off the relationship.
The Deadspin piece that includes accusations of Lozano setting up prospective clients with prostitutes, as well as plenty of other bad behavior, can be found here. A followup was posted last week. Pujols stated after the original article that he had every intention of standing by his agent.
Even though he has a host of well-paid clients, Lozano is still in financial trouble, according to the article, and he’s banking on the approx. $1 million per year Pujols’ new contract will earn him in order to keep his empire going.
However, it seems that Pujols’ wife, Deidre, is more believing of the Deadspin side of things and would prefer to escape the sleaze.
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 1
- The beauty of belief 23
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 71
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)