Dec 5, 2011, 8:58 AM EST
I include the question mark because it’s silly to the point of folly to say with certainty how a new ballpark is gonna play before people actually start playing in it, but wow, check out the size of the outfield in the Marlins’ new ballpark.
That light blue overlay shows the outfield dimensions compared to Petco Park, which is the most pitcher-friendly park in baseball. Yes, the night games with that marine layer thing coming in off the Pacific affect that a lot, but size does matter. And the size of the Marlins’ outfield is pretty impressive/scary depending on who you are.
This could be great for Jose Reyes and all of his triples and it could be wonderful for the Marlins’ pitching staff. But if you’re a power hitter, particularly a righty who sometimes takes it straight-away, this place may haunt your dreams.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)