Dec 5, 2011, 8:58 AM EDT
I include the question mark because it’s silly to the point of folly to say with certainty how a new ballpark is gonna play before people actually start playing in it, but wow, check out the size of the outfield in the Marlins’ new ballpark.
That light blue overlay shows the outfield dimensions compared to Petco Park, which is the most pitcher-friendly park in baseball. Yes, the night games with that marine layer thing coming in off the Pacific affect that a lot, but size does matter. And the size of the Marlins’ outfield is pretty impressive/scary depending on who you are.
This could be great for Jose Reyes and all of his triples and it could be wonderful for the Marlins’ pitching staff. But if you’re a power hitter, particularly a righty who sometimes takes it straight-away, this place may haunt your dreams.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona