Dec 5, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
There has been a lot of speculation about the Rays shopping B.J. Upton. He was a hot topic at the trade deadline and now, since the season has ended, many people think the Rays are willing to deal him.
But maybe not that willing. Buster Olney tweets that the Rays would have to be “overwhelmed” by an offer in order to give him up. Which seems a bit odd given that, with Desmond Jennings in the fold, Tampa Bay could easily afford to lose Upton. And given that he’s due a raise in his final year of arbitration, actually affording him would seem to be a legitimate concern.
But really, what are they gonna say? ”Eh, we’ll trade him. Got anything decent? No? Well, um, OK.”
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17