Dec 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
General manager Jon Daniels told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that he hopes the Rangers “will be the last team he plays for” and indicated that working out the specifics of a deal are little more than a formality at this point.
Oliver was paid $3.25 million this year for 51 innings of a 2.29 ERA and 44/11 K/BB ratio, and since moving to the bullpen full time in 2006 he’s posted ERAs of 3.44, 3.78, 2.88, 2.71, 2.48, and 2.29.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8