Dec 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
General manager Jon Daniels told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that he hopes the Rangers “will be the last team he plays for” and indicated that working out the specifics of a deal are little more than a formality at this point.
Oliver was paid $3.25 million this year for 51 innings of a 2.29 ERA and 44/11 K/BB ratio, and since moving to the bullpen full time in 2006 he’s posted ERAs of 3.44, 3.78, 2.88, 2.71, 2.48, and 2.29.
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 5
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)