Dec 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EST
General manager Jon Daniels told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that he hopes the Rangers “will be the last team he plays for” and indicated that working out the specifics of a deal are little more than a formality at this point.
Oliver was paid $3.25 million this year for 51 innings of a 2.29 ERA and 44/11 K/BB ratio, and since moving to the bullpen full time in 2006 he’s posted ERAs of 3.44, 3.78, 2.88, 2.71, 2.48, and 2.29.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 69
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)