Dec 6, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
General manager Jon Daniels told T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com that he hopes the Rangers “will be the last team he plays for” and indicated that working out the specifics of a deal are little more than a formality at this point.
Oliver was paid $3.25 million this year for 51 innings of a 2.29 ERA and 44/11 K/BB ratio, and since moving to the bullpen full time in 2006 he’s posted ERAs of 3.44, 3.78, 2.88, 2.71, 2.48, and 2.29.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17