Dec 6, 2011, 1:29 PM EDT
Just after the news of the Segio Santos trade, White Sox GM Kenny Williams met with the Chicago sporting press and said words that, while expected, are nonetheless monumental for the White Sox: “This is the start of rebuilding.”
Santos out the door. Mark Buehrle certain to sign elsewhere. A farm system badly in need of replenishing and two starters in John Danks and Gavin Floyd who many teams would like to have. Carlos Quentin would look good on a number of teams. Williams is right: this is just the start. As soon as the Marlins are done with their craziness, look for the White Sox to be the center of the rumor universe.
A radically-changed roster. A brand new manager with no experience in Robin Ventura. A Tigers team that will surely remain competitive for the near future and a Royals team which looks to be a monster in the making.
Welcome to your new world, White Sox fans.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 6
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)