Dec 6, 2011, 8:50 PM EDT
According to Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com, the Orioles and Rangers met earlier today and one of the topics discussed was a possible trade involving Uehara.
Uehara posted an outstanding 3.03 ERA and 165/25 K/BB ratio over 157 2/3 innings during his time with Baltimore, but wasn’t nearly as effective during a small sample after being traded to the Rangers at the deadline. He gave up eight home runs over just 19 1/3 innings (including the ALDS and ALCS) and found himself left off the World Series roster.
It should be said that Uehara compiled an excellent 24/3 K/BB ratio during the same timespan, so he isn’t exactly a lost cause here. The Rangers aren’t completely finished with their bullpen, so it might not be so easy to pry him away. The 36-year-old right-hander is under contract for $4 million next season.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 0
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 83
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (111)