Make your life easier: get the NBC SportsTalk App

Dec 6, 2011, 8:55 AM EDT

I know a ton of you use it already, but for those who don’t, you really need to improve your life and get the NBC SportsTalk app for your iPhone, iPad and/or Android device now. Like, yesterday. It looks like so:

source:

Sports Business Journal named it one of their “top 5 favorite sport apps.”  Gizmodo named it one of the “essential” sports apps.  Can’t argue with those dudes.

It’s a super fast, super clean and easy interface between your mobile device and the NBC sports blogs. Chief among them HardballTalk, but word on the street is that you can read our broseph blogs PFT, PBT, PHT, CFT, OTB, and Inside the Irish with it too.  We’re working on curling. Stop the emails. We hear you.

Anyway, the app is free. As soon as you start using it it will quickly become essential to you. To get it, go to iTunes or to the Android Market.

And now back to our regularly-scheduled insanity.

1. Jonny 5 - Dec 6, 2011 at 8:58 AM

One thing though, sort of a request. Can they configure it so you can see who commented to whom?

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Comments don’t nest? Eww…. Going to keep viewing via my browser then but figured I’d sign up to make Craig another $0.05. He does get a bonus from this right?

• Jonny 5 - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:08 AM

I sometimes just link through the internet on my phone if I want to see who commented to who. If it bothers me enough anyway. If you have a good phone it works either way. The App is way better if you’re just lurking from a family function or a night out though…

2. mdpickles - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Downloaded the app for the IPad last week. It’s nice, but I find myself coming back to the desktop version.

3. southpaw2k - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I’ve had the app for a couple months – love it, but I would like to see who’s replied to whose comments, just as Jonny said.

4. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Testing from my Droid

• Jonny 5 - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I’m commenting to you, but you don’t know who “you” is. ;>)

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Things just got meta!

What are the Philly papers saying about all these rumors going around? Could you guys really not have a budget? In on Ramirez, have to fill JRoll’s and Oswalt’s spots, could you guys really afford a $200M payroll or do you think RAJ has something up his sleeve?

• Jonny 5 - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

I think the Phillies have deeper pockets than everyone knows. Not 200 million deep, but close. And I’m pretty sure Oswalt isn’t going to be back, mostly because the Phillies don’t really need him with Worley, Blanton, and Kendrick (3 guys) who can fit in the #4-5 spots. RAJ has proven he always has something up his sleeve I think.

Here’s what I imagine going down.
        Rollins signs for 3 years with a 4th year option > or a 4 year with a 5th year option
        Philly still signs Aramis Ramirez and trades Polly. (although I wouldn’t be against keeping Polly and not picking up Aramis) Everyone is down on Polly, but I think he bounces back this season. Dudes a decent obp guy (like they say they need) even if he’s not that fast. They have plenty of power to clean the plate, but I think they need get more guys on base.

If Rollins is signed,I’m going to be pissed if Charlie plugs Rollins in at lead off again. That shit is getting old.

5. Francisco (FC) - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Don’t need it. The web site looks pretty fine from my playbook. I actually read through all the posts while commuting on the bus this morning.

• antlerclaws - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I just wonder why on my work PC, all the photos are just little red Xs. This is the only site that happens on.

• Francisco (FC) - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:33 AM

Are you sure you weren’t looking at the Dan Lozano post at the time?

• JBerardi - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Holy crap, someone actually bought a Playbook?

• Francisco (FC) - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM

at $200? No Brainer. They sold out all over North America. I already own a blackberry. I value portability far more than lugging around a huge electronic clipboard.

• phukyouk - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:49 AM

• JBerardi - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:53 AM

“no brainer? RIM is going to be under within 12 months. the only good thing about the playbook is that you may be able to wipe it and load an android OS onto it.”

“The best thing about your AMC Gremlin is that once AMC goes out of business, you may be able to load a Ford Pinto engine into it”.

6. phukyouk - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:20 AM

it works ok but you cannot reply to a specific post. Also on rooted Droids it crashes whenever there is an update to any of the bogs.

7. hooks024 - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:20 AM

Who cares who commented to whom? I’ve had the app since the day it was on android, when pft mentioned it. Aside from not being able to view pft power rankings in the app itself, it really has become essential. It’s faster to use on android than it is to have a bookmark to the page, plus it allows you to read the entire article, with comments, and just swipe to the left or right to go to the next article. If they started charging for it, it’d be only the second app I’ve ever paid for.

8. JBerardi - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM

“It’s a super fast, super clean and easy interface between your mobile device and the NBC sports blogs.”

Nice! Now can I get that for my non-mobile device, aka computer? Because the HBT website is dog-slow for no good reason.

• sdelmonte - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Yeah, it’s been slowing to a crawl on my home computer for a while now.

9. lewp - Dec 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM

I’m liking this site more and more….just downloaded the app, looks good.
    All this and benefits too?

10. gammagammahey - Dec 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM

I have the iPhone app and it crashes on me a fair amount, specifically when going from having a web connection to not having one or when trying to load up the cached version while offline. Not a big deal for most people, I know, but extremely annoying for someone whose subway commute alternates between above-ground and underground transit.

• Francisco (FC) - Dec 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM

I’ve found that (for the web site at least) using the top navigation bar is super useful because all the pages seem to be loaded already. It’s swift switching between articles (of course the comments most likely will not be up to date). In any case it’s great on the subway after you lose the signal because I can keep reading for the next ten minutes till I exit.

11. kiwicricket - Dec 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM

To an antipodean farmer, 95% of these posts are literally in a different language. How did you lot even survive 10yrs ago???

12. ddjesus - Dec 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM

The app force closes if I go away from it for too long then come back. Otherwise a good app, 4/5.

13. acdc363 - Dec 6, 2011 at 1:07 PM

App is great except for the force close issue and videos don’t seem to work for me. Also I’d love to be able to thumb up or thumb down comments from the app

14. sportsdrenched.com - Dec 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM

I procured a Black Friday phone fancy enough to have these “App” things. This app the was the 1st one I downloaded.

Definatly good for family functions while they’re talking about the stuff that occurs on TV while there are sports going on.

15. BratLee - Dec 8, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Had it for months on my Droid2. Love it. But where’s OTB?

Angels' 2011 overhaul finally paying off?
  1. R. Castillo (3230)