Dec 6, 2011, 1:09 PM EDT
Following a report yesterday that a recent meeting between the Phillies and Jimmy Rollins‘ agent Dan Lozano “did not go all that well,” Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com hears that the two sides met “late into the night” on Monday.
No word on if any progress was made, but the 33-year-old Rollins is reportedly insisting on a five-year contract, which has led the Phillies to begin flirting with the idea of shopping Placido Polanco and making a play for free agent third baseman Aramis Ramirez. However, many believe that it could simply be a negotiating tactic on the part of the Phils.
Rosenthal hears that no meeting is on the docket today, which is understandable given that Lozano is pretty busy with Albert Pujols right now. Brewers general manager Doug Melvin told Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that he met with Rollins’ agent at the start of the Winter Meetings, but that no offer was made.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (90)