Dec 6, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
News of Manny Ramirez’s comeback predictably failed to create a bidding war for the 39-year-old with a 50-game suspension looming over his head, so Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record reports that Ramirez is “so intent on finding work he’s calling teams directly.”
Oh what I wouldn’t give to hear those calls.
“Billy Beane here.”
“Hello. This is Manny Ramirez.”
I’m not going to even bother making up any more pretend dialogue, because it’s funny enough without it.
The only thing better is if Ramirez mis-dials and ends up calling Brett Favre, because as we all know he’s always willing to listen if anyone gives him a call.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)