Dec 6, 2011, 3:10 PM EDT
News of Manny Ramirez’s comeback predictably failed to create a bidding war for the 39-year-old with a 50-game suspension looming over his head, so Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record reports that Ramirez is “so intent on finding work he’s calling teams directly.”
Oh what I wouldn’t give to hear those calls.
“Billy Beane here.”
“Hello. This is Manny Ramirez.”
I’m not going to even bother making up any more pretend dialogue, because it’s funny enough without it.
The only thing better is if Ramirez mis-dials and ends up calling Brett Favre, because as we all know he’s always willing to listen if anyone gives him a call.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?