Dec 6, 2011, 3:10 PM EST
News of Manny Ramirez’s comeback predictably failed to create a bidding war for the 39-year-old with a 50-game suspension looming over his head, so Bob Klapisch of the Bergen Record reports that Ramirez is “so intent on finding work he’s calling teams directly.”
Oh what I wouldn’t give to hear those calls.
“Billy Beane here.”
“Hello. This is Manny Ramirez.”
I’m not going to even bother making up any more pretend dialogue, because it’s funny enough without it.
The only thing better is if Ramirez mis-dials and ends up calling Brett Favre, because as we all know he’s always willing to listen if anyone gives him a call.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 65
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 59
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)