Dec 6, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Last week when the Marlins reportedly made a nine-year offer to Pujols it was said to be for significantly less than the $200 million or so the Cardials offered him earlier this year.
Obviously a 10-year offer to Pujols should be expected to top $200 million–anything less than $20 million per season would seem sort of silly–but if nothing else this shows once again how serious the Marlins are.
And if the two sides are truly talking about no-trade clauses that suggests they’re fairly deep into negotiations.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)