Dec 6, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Last week when the Marlins reportedly made a nine-year offer to Pujols it was said to be for significantly less than the $200 million or so the Cardials offered him earlier this year.
Obviously a 10-year offer to Pujols should be expected to top $200 million–anything less than $20 million per season would seem sort of silly–but if nothing else this shows once again how serious the Marlins are.
And if the two sides are truly talking about no-trade clauses that suggests they’re fairly deep into negotiations.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 10
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)