Dec 6, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
This, apart from being half-crazy given Pujols’ age, may not necessarily be a game-changer for the Marlins, however. Yes, a decade deal is pretty major, but as Buster Olney tweeted a minute ago, the reason Pujols has still not accepted the Cardinals’ offer is not because of contract length, but because of average annual value. Pujols may take shorter deal if someone can beat $22 million a year.
Still: the Marlins, contrary to what we thought a couple of weeks ago, are not screwing around.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)