Dec 6, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
This, apart from being half-crazy given Pujols’ age, may not necessarily be a game-changer for the Marlins, however. Yes, a decade deal is pretty major, but as Buster Olney tweeted a minute ago, the reason Pujols has still not accepted the Cardinals’ offer is not because of contract length, but because of average annual value. Pujols may take shorter deal if someone can beat $22 million a year.
Still: the Marlins, contrary to what we thought a couple of weeks ago, are not screwing around.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 61
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)