Dec 6, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
This, apart from being half-crazy given Pujols’ age, may not necessarily be a game-changer for the Marlins, however. Yes, a decade deal is pretty major, but as Buster Olney tweeted a minute ago, the reason Pujols has still not accepted the Cardinals’ offer is not because of contract length, but because of average annual value. Pujols may take shorter deal if someone can beat $22 million a year.
Still: the Marlins, contrary to what we thought a couple of weeks ago, are not screwing around.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)