Dec 6, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
This, apart from being half-crazy given Pujols’ age, may not necessarily be a game-changer for the Marlins, however. Yes, a decade deal is pretty major, but as Buster Olney tweeted a minute ago, the reason Pujols has still not accepted the Cardinals’ offer is not because of contract length, but because of average annual value. Pujols may take shorter deal if someone can beat $22 million a year.
Still: the Marlins, contrary to what we thought a couple of weeks ago, are not screwing around.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 20
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)