Dec 6, 2011, 8:37 AM EDT
This, apart from being half-crazy given Pujols’ age, may not necessarily be a game-changer for the Marlins, however. Yes, a decade deal is pretty major, but as Buster Olney tweeted a minute ago, the reason Pujols has still not accepted the Cardinals’ offer is not because of contract length, but because of average annual value. Pujols may take shorter deal if someone can beat $22 million a year.
Still: the Marlins, contrary to what we thought a couple of weeks ago, are not screwing around.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 6
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)