Dec 6, 2011, 12:14 AM EDT
Silly season is in full effect. Just hours after it was reported and quickly denied that C.J. Wilson had a six-year offer on the table from the Nationals, Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com hears that the Angels are making a “serious push” to sign the free agent left-hander. Ah, Winter Meetings.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Monday afternoon that there are five teams in the mix for Wilson, including the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team.” One of the five has reportedly made a six-year offer, though it’s not believed to be from either the Rangers or Nationals.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington is scheduled to meet with Bob Garber, the agent for Wilson and Roy Oswalt this week, but he told Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com tonight that he is unlikely to pursue “top-tier” free agent starters.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)