Dec 6, 2011, 12:14 AM EST
Silly season is in full effect. Just hours after it was reported and quickly denied that C.J. Wilson had a six-year offer on the table from the Nationals, Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com hears that the Angels are making a “serious push” to sign the free agent left-hander. Ah, Winter Meetings.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Monday afternoon that there are five teams in the mix for Wilson, including the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team.” One of the five has reportedly made a six-year offer, though it’s not believed to be from either the Rangers or Nationals.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington is scheduled to meet with Bob Garber, the agent for Wilson and Roy Oswalt this week, but he told Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com tonight that he is unlikely to pursue “top-tier” free agent starters.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)