Dec 6, 2011, 12:14 AM EDT
Silly season is in full effect. Just hours after it was reported and quickly denied that C.J. Wilson had a six-year offer on the table from the Nationals, Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com hears that the Angels are making a “serious push” to sign the free agent left-hander. Ah, Winter Meetings.
Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Monday afternoon that there are five teams in the mix for Wilson, including the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team.” One of the five has reportedly made a six-year offer, though it’s not believed to be from either the Rangers or Nationals.
Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington is scheduled to meet with Bob Garber, the agent for Wilson and Roy Oswalt this week, but he told Gordon Edes of ESPNBoston.com tonight that he is unlikely to pursue “top-tier” free agent starters.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)