Dec 6, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
7:10 p.m. EST update: SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers’ current offer out to Wilson is for four years and somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 million. Heyman suggests that is Wilson has a legitimate six-year offer, he should take it.
I just saw Ken Rosenthal out in the lobby tapping into his phone. So naturally I picked up my phone to see what he was tweeting. This is what he was tweeting:
Source: Marlins fading on CJ Wilson. Makes sense, given Pujols pursuit.
Yep, it does. Last we heard it was the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team” interested, Oh well, that was last night everyone is more sober about things this afternoon. Metaphorically speaking. You know, in terms of their judgment.
Anyway, the Nationals denied that they had offered Wilson six years. Now the Marlins sound like they’re out. Eventually there will be a “winner” in the C.J, Wilson derby.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)