Dec 6, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
7:10 p.m. EST update: SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers’ current offer out to Wilson is for four years and somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 million. Heyman suggests that is Wilson has a legitimate six-year offer, he should take it.
I just saw Ken Rosenthal out in the lobby tapping into his phone. So naturally I picked up my phone to see what he was tweeting. This is what he was tweeting:
Source: Marlins fading on CJ Wilson. Makes sense, given Pujols pursuit.
Yep, it does. Last we heard it was the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team” interested, Oh well, that was last night everyone is more sober about things this afternoon. Metaphorically speaking. You know, in terms of their judgment.
Anyway, the Nationals denied that they had offered Wilson six years. Now the Marlins sound like they’re out. Eventually there will be a “winner” in the C.J, Wilson derby.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)