Dec 6, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
7:10 p.m. EST update: SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers’ current offer out to Wilson is for four years and somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 million. Heyman suggests that is Wilson has a legitimate six-year offer, he should take it.
I just saw Ken Rosenthal out in the lobby tapping into his phone. So naturally I picked up my phone to see what he was tweeting. This is what he was tweeting:
Source: Marlins fading on CJ Wilson. Makes sense, given Pujols pursuit.
Yep, it does. Last we heard it was the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team” interested, Oh well, that was last night everyone is more sober about things this afternoon. Metaphorically speaking. You know, in terms of their judgment.
Anyway, the Nationals denied that they had offered Wilson six years. Now the Marlins sound like they’re out. Eventually there will be a “winner” in the C.J, Wilson derby.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 44
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 61
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)