Dec 6, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
7:10 p.m. EST update: SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers’ current offer out to Wilson is for four years and somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 million. Heyman suggests that is Wilson has a legitimate six-year offer, he should take it.
I just saw Ken Rosenthal out in the lobby tapping into his phone. So naturally I picked up my phone to see what he was tweeting. This is what he was tweeting:
Source: Marlins fading on CJ Wilson. Makes sense, given Pujols pursuit.
Yep, it does. Last we heard it was the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team” interested, Oh well, that was last night everyone is more sober about things this afternoon. Metaphorically speaking. You know, in terms of their judgment.
Anyway, the Nationals denied that they had offered Wilson six years. Now the Marlins sound like they’re out. Eventually there will be a “winner” in the C.J, Wilson derby.
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 2
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 49
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games