Dec 6, 2011, 7:10 PM EST
7:10 p.m. EST update: SI.com’s Jon Heyman reports that the Rangers’ current offer out to Wilson is for four years and somewhere in the neighborhood of $60 million. Heyman suggests that is Wilson has a legitimate six-year offer, he should take it.
I just saw Ken Rosenthal out in the lobby tapping into his phone. So naturally I picked up my phone to see what he was tweeting. This is what he was tweeting:
Source: Marlins fading on CJ Wilson. Makes sense, given Pujols pursuit.
Yep, it does. Last we heard it was the Rangers, Angels, Marlins, Nationals and an unidentified “mystery team” interested, Oh well, that was last night everyone is more sober about things this afternoon. Metaphorically speaking. You know, in terms of their judgment.
Anyway, the Nationals denied that they had offered Wilson six years. Now the Marlins sound like they’re out. Eventually there will be a “winner” in the C.J, Wilson derby.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)