Dec 6, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
There’s no deal yet and as we all know, anything can happen until their is ink on paper and a fancy press conference, but David Villavicencio hears from Marlins sources that they believe they will sign Pujols. Like, they’re really confident.
Obviously what we’ve been hearing for the past hour or two still holds: The Cardinals are going to meet with Pujols’ agent again and we don’t know if they’ll match or come close to matching the Marlins’ offer. But if he does head down to Miami, this would be the biggest free agent news in several years, by my reckoning.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)