Dec 6, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
There’s no deal yet and as we all know, anything can happen until their is ink on paper and a fancy press conference, but David Villavicencio hears from Marlins sources that they believe they will sign Pujols. Like, they’re really confident.
Obviously what we’ve been hearing for the past hour or two still holds: The Cardinals are going to meet with Pujols’ agent again and we don’t know if they’ll match or come close to matching the Marlins’ offer. But if he does head down to Miami, this would be the biggest free agent news in several years, by my reckoning.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)