Dec 6, 2011, 1:48 PM EST
There’s no deal yet and as we all know, anything can happen until their is ink on paper and a fancy press conference, but David Villavicencio hears from Marlins sources that they believe they will sign Pujols. Like, they’re really confident.
Obviously what we’ve been hearing for the past hour or two still holds: The Cardinals are going to meet with Pujols’ agent again and we don’t know if they’ll match or come close to matching the Marlins’ offer. But if he does head down to Miami, this would be the biggest free agent news in several years, by my reckoning.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)