Dec 6, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
There’s no deal yet and as we all know, anything can happen until their is ink on paper and a fancy press conference, but David Villavicencio hears from Marlins sources that they believe they will sign Pujols. Like, they’re really confident.
Obviously what we’ve been hearing for the past hour or two still holds: The Cardinals are going to meet with Pujols’ agent again and we don’t know if they’ll match or come close to matching the Marlins’ offer. But if he does head down to Miami, this would be the biggest free agent news in several years, by my reckoning.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 77
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (77)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (73)