Dec 6, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
There’s no deal yet and as we all know, anything can happen until their is ink on paper and a fancy press conference, but David Villavicencio hears from Marlins sources that they believe they will sign Pujols. Like, they’re really confident.
Obviously what we’ve been hearing for the past hour or two still holds: The Cardinals are going to meet with Pujols’ agent again and we don’t know if they’ll match or come close to matching the Marlins’ offer. But if he does head down to Miami, this would be the biggest free agent news in several years, by my reckoning.
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 2
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 57
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)