Dec 6, 2011, 9:16 AM EDT
Interesting. The Sox are down a closer, obviously. I would assume that their interest in Bailey means that they’re afraid to give the job to Daniel Bard and aren’t sold on Bobby Jenks recovering from all which ailed him last year.
Earlier we heard that the Padres were interested. And to be honest, a ton of other teams probably are too given what closers are going for on the open market right now. As a result, Billy Beane should be able to name his price for Bailey.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)