Dec 6, 2011, 9:16 AM EDT
Interesting. The Sox are down a closer, obviously. I would assume that their interest in Bailey means that they’re afraid to give the job to Daniel Bard and aren’t sold on Bobby Jenks recovering from all which ailed him last year.
Earlier we heard that the Padres were interested. And to be honest, a ton of other teams probably are too given what closers are going for on the open market right now. As a result, Billy Beane should be able to name his price for Bailey.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 29
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)