Dec 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Theo Epstein is putting his five-year, $20 million contract to work already, as Bob Goldsborough of the Chicago Tribune reports that the new Cubs president paid $3.25 million for a 7,800-square foot house “just blocks from Wrigley Field.”
Goldsborough writes that Chicago Blackhawks player Patrick Sharp had “signed a contract to buy the house” back in September, but backed out of the deal. Epstein stepped in and bought it for about $250,000 more than the original list price.
Epstein’s new place is a block away from Ryan Dempster‘s house, which the right-hander bought for $2.7 million in 2008. Maybe they can carpool to work.
(And this concludes my TMZ impersonation. Sorry.)
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (132)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)