Dec 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
Theo Epstein is putting his five-year, $20 million contract to work already, as Bob Goldsborough of the Chicago Tribune reports that the new Cubs president paid $3.25 million for a 7,800-square foot house “just blocks from Wrigley Field.”
Goldsborough writes that Chicago Blackhawks player Patrick Sharp had “signed a contract to buy the house” back in September, but backed out of the deal. Epstein stepped in and bought it for about $250,000 more than the original list price.
Epstein’s new place is a block away from Ryan Dempster‘s house, which the right-hander bought for $2.7 million in 2008. Maybe they can carpool to work.
(And this concludes my TMZ impersonation. Sorry.)
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (82)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)