Dec 6, 2011, 3:50 PM EDT
Theo Epstein is putting his five-year, $20 million contract to work already, as Bob Goldsborough of the Chicago Tribune reports that the new Cubs president paid $3.25 million for a 7,800-square foot house “just blocks from Wrigley Field.”
Goldsborough writes that Chicago Blackhawks player Patrick Sharp had “signed a contract to buy the house” back in September, but backed out of the deal. Epstein stepped in and bought it for about $250,000 more than the original list price.
Epstein’s new place is a block away from Ryan Dempster‘s house, which the right-hander bought for $2.7 million in 2008. Maybe they can carpool to work.
(And this concludes my TMZ impersonation. Sorry.)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11