Dec 7, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Turned down by Andrew Friedman and several of their other top choices, the Astros interviewed Dodgers assistant general manager Logan White for their GM opening, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
White has been with the Dodgers for a decade and runs their various scouting efforts, and McTaggart reports that he previously interviewed for the Astros’ general manager gig that eventually went to Ed Wade in 2007.
White joins Bill Geivett of the Rockies, Jeff Luhnow of the Cardinals, and J.J. Picollo of the Royals as known interviewees, and at this point the consensus seems to be that Geivett is the leading candidate.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)