Dec 7, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Turned down by Andrew Friedman and several of their other top choices, the Astros interviewed Dodgers assistant general manager Logan White for their GM opening, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
White has been with the Dodgers for a decade and runs their various scouting efforts, and McTaggart reports that he previously interviewed for the Astros’ general manager gig that eventually went to Ed Wade in 2007.
White joins Bill Geivett of the Rockies, Jeff Luhnow of the Cardinals, and J.J. Picollo of the Royals as known interviewees, and at this point the consensus seems to be that Geivett is the leading candidate.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)