Dec 7, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Turned down by Andrew Friedman and several of their other top choices, the Astros interviewed Dodgers assistant general manager Logan White for their GM opening, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
White has been with the Dodgers for a decade and runs their various scouting efforts, and McTaggart reports that he previously interviewed for the Astros’ general manager gig that eventually went to Ed Wade in 2007.
White joins Bill Geivett of the Rockies, Jeff Luhnow of the Cardinals, and J.J. Picollo of the Royals as known interviewees, and at this point the consensus seems to be that Geivett is the leading candidate.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 50
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)