Dec 7, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Turned down by Andrew Friedman and several of their other top choices, the Astros interviewed Dodgers assistant general manager Logan White for their GM opening, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
White has been with the Dodgers for a decade and runs their various scouting efforts, and McTaggart reports that he previously interviewed for the Astros’ general manager gig that eventually went to Ed Wade in 2007.
White joins Bill Geivett of the Rockies, Jeff Luhnow of the Cardinals, and J.J. Picollo of the Royals as known interviewees, and at this point the consensus seems to be that Geivett is the leading candidate.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)