Dec 7, 2011, 12:40 PM EDT
Turned down by Andrew Friedman and several of their other top choices, the Astros interviewed Dodgers assistant general manager Logan White for their GM opening, according to Brian McTaggart of MLB.com.
White has been with the Dodgers for a decade and runs their various scouting efforts, and McTaggart reports that he previously interviewed for the Astros’ general manager gig that eventually went to Ed Wade in 2007.
White joins Bill Geivett of the Rockies, Jeff Luhnow of the Cardinals, and J.J. Picollo of the Royals as known interviewees, and at this point the consensus seems to be that Geivett is the leading candidate.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 6
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 30
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 10
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (190)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)