Dec 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
That presumably means the Rangers made a strong push to re-sign Wilson, but Garber declined to tell Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas if an actual offer was made and Durrett speculates that the Rangers might not be willing to give out a five-year deal, let alone the six-year contract Wilson is reportedly hoping for.
Another factor is that the Marlins’ interest in Wilson likely hinges on whether they sign Albert Pujols. If they land Pujols that would presumably mean Miami’s wallet will finally slam shut, but if Pujols stays in St. Louis there’s lots of speculation that the Marlins will throw a bunch of that money in Wilson’s direction.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)