Dec 7, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
That presumably means the Rangers made a strong push to re-sign Wilson, but Garber declined to tell Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas if an actual offer was made and Durrett speculates that the Rangers might not be willing to give out a five-year deal, let alone the six-year contract Wilson is reportedly hoping for.
Another factor is that the Marlins’ interest in Wilson likely hinges on whether they sign Albert Pujols. If they land Pujols that would presumably mean Miami’s wallet will finally slam shut, but if Pujols stays in St. Louis there’s lots of speculation that the Marlins will throw a bunch of that money in Wilson’s direction.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)