Dec 7, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Nothing is official yet, but Boston is set to let bench coach DeMarlo Hale go and he’s expected to join Buck Showalter’s staff in Baltimore as third base coach.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the two sides are negotiating a buyout because Hale is still under contract and says the deal “should be announced soon.”
Hale worked under Showalter during his 2003-2006 stint with the Rangers and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that he’s also “close” with new Orioles boss Dan Duquette. Earlier this offseason he interviewed for the Cubs’ managerial opening.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)