Dec 7, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Nothing is official yet, but Boston is set to let bench coach DeMarlo Hale go and he’s expected to join Buck Showalter’s staff in Baltimore as third base coach.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the two sides are negotiating a buyout because Hale is still under contract and says the deal “should be announced soon.”
Hale worked under Showalter during his 2003-2006 stint with the Rangers and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that he’s also “close” with new Orioles boss Dan Duquette. Earlier this offseason he interviewed for the Cubs’ managerial opening.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)