Dec 7, 2011, 3:27 PM EST
Nothing is official yet, but Boston is set to let bench coach DeMarlo Hale go and he’s expected to join Buck Showalter’s staff in Baltimore as third base coach.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the two sides are negotiating a buyout because Hale is still under contract and says the deal “should be announced soon.”
Hale worked under Showalter during his 2003-2006 stint with the Rangers and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that he’s also “close” with new Orioles boss Dan Duquette. Earlier this offseason he interviewed for the Cubs’ managerial opening.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)