Dec 7, 2011, 3:27 PM EDT
Nothing is official yet, but Boston is set to let bench coach DeMarlo Hale go and he’s expected to join Buck Showalter’s staff in Baltimore as third base coach.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that the two sides are negotiating a buyout because Hale is still under contract and says the deal “should be announced soon.”
Hale worked under Showalter during his 2003-2006 stint with the Rangers and Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that he’s also “close” with new Orioles boss Dan Duquette. Earlier this offseason he interviewed for the Cubs’ managerial opening.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?