Dec 7, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Mota is 38 years old, so presumably it’s a one-year deal, but he was plenty useful in throwing 80 innings with a 3.81 ERA and 77/30 K/BB ratio.
His strikeout rate of 8.6 per nine innings was actually the highest mark of Mota’s 13-season career and he was particularly effective in the second half with a 3.13 ERA and 40 strikeouts in 37 innings.
He earned $925,000 in 2011 after being signed to a minor-league contract last December.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)