Dec 7, 2011, 9:09 AM EST
I suppose this applies to me too. But seriously, this is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it’s a symbol of my individuality, and my belief … in personal freedom:
Baseball has become the first major pro league in North America to issue dress guidelines for media members, putting them in writing at the winter meetings. The no-wear list also includes visible undergarments, excessively short skirts or anything with a team logo.
“This is not in response to any single incident,” MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said Tuesday.
That sound you hear is every single baseball writer I’ve ever met breathing a sigh of relief over the fact that the dress code doesn’t prohibit pleated Dockers. That would be chaos.
Ain’t gonna lie, though: I’m probably more out of compliance than anyone. The threads are just fine, but I’ve been rocking my block-C Indians cap all week here at the Winter Meetings. It’s freezing and my bald head needs protection. I suppose it’s a bit bush league to wear MLB merchandise when I’m on the job, but it beats hypothermia.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)