Dec 7, 2011, 9:09 AM EDT
I suppose this applies to me too. But seriously, this is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it’s a symbol of my individuality, and my belief … in personal freedom:
Baseball has become the first major pro league in North America to issue dress guidelines for media members, putting them in writing at the winter meetings. The no-wear list also includes visible undergarments, excessively short skirts or anything with a team logo.
“This is not in response to any single incident,” MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said Tuesday.
That sound you hear is every single baseball writer I’ve ever met breathing a sigh of relief over the fact that the dress code doesn’t prohibit pleated Dockers. That would be chaos.
Ain’t gonna lie, though: I’m probably more out of compliance than anyone. The threads are just fine, but I’ve been rocking my block-C Indians cap all week here at the Winter Meetings. It’s freezing and my bald head needs protection. I suppose it’s a bit bush league to wear MLB merchandise when I’m on the job, but it beats hypothermia.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 20
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 15
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 34
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)