Dec 7, 2011, 9:09 AM EDT
I suppose this applies to me too. But seriously, this is a snakeskin jacket! And for me it’s a symbol of my individuality, and my belief … in personal freedom:
Baseball has become the first major pro league in North America to issue dress guidelines for media members, putting them in writing at the winter meetings. The no-wear list also includes visible undergarments, excessively short skirts or anything with a team logo.
“This is not in response to any single incident,” MLB spokesman Pat Courtney said Tuesday.
That sound you hear is every single baseball writer I’ve ever met breathing a sigh of relief over the fact that the dress code doesn’t prohibit pleated Dockers. That would be chaos.
Ain’t gonna lie, though: I’m probably more out of compliance than anyone. The threads are just fine, but I’ve been rocking my block-C Indians cap all week here at the Winter Meetings. It’s freezing and my bald head needs protection. I suppose it’s a bit bush league to wear MLB merchandise when I’m on the job, but it beats hypothermia.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 89
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 137
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 70
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (138)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)