Dec 7, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
5:30 p.m. EST update: Pretty much everyone is shutting this down now. Rollins still appears likely to re-sign with the Phillies, but there hasn’t been any agreement.
5:15 p.m. EST update: ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, who still has very strong Phillies sources after all of his time in Philly, doesn’t believe that a Rollins deal is done just yet.
5:05 p.m. EST update: SiriusXM’s Jim Duquette reports that the Phillies and Rollins have agreed to terms.
1:00 p.m. EST update: Jon Heyman reports that Rollins’ return to Philly is likely to happen, but that it’s still being worked on. The contract will probably be for three or four years, perhaps with the fourth year in the form of a vesting option.
The Brewers are hearing that Jimmy Rollins is going to re-sign with the Phillies, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Haudricourt, and they’ve started to turn back towards their other shortstop options.
ESPN’s Chris Singleton tweets something similar, saying he received a “pretty encouraging report from a Phillies person that a deal will get done.”
The pieces definitely fit, especially in light of the report late last night that the Phillies were out of the running for Aramis Ramirez. There was no way they were going to sign both Ramirez and Rollins. Now the Brewers might sign Ramirez and bring back Yuniesky Betancourt to play shortstop.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 18
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 81
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 6
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)