Dec 7, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
5:30 p.m. EST update: Pretty much everyone is shutting this down now. Rollins still appears likely to re-sign with the Phillies, but there hasn’t been any agreement.
5:15 p.m. EST update: ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, who still has very strong Phillies sources after all of his time in Philly, doesn’t believe that a Rollins deal is done just yet.
5:05 p.m. EST update: SiriusXM’s Jim Duquette reports that the Phillies and Rollins have agreed to terms.
1:00 p.m. EST update: Jon Heyman reports that Rollins’ return to Philly is likely to happen, but that it’s still being worked on. The contract will probably be for three or four years, perhaps with the fourth year in the form of a vesting option.
The Brewers are hearing that Jimmy Rollins is going to re-sign with the Phillies, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel’s Tom Haudricourt, and they’ve started to turn back towards their other shortstop options.
ESPN’s Chris Singleton tweets something similar, saying he received a “pretty encouraging report from a Phillies person that a deal will get done.”
The pieces definitely fit, especially in light of the report late last night that the Phillies were out of the running for Aramis Ramirez. There was no way they were going to sign both Ramirez and Rollins. Now the Brewers might sign Ramirez and bring back Yuniesky Betancourt to play shortstop.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 0
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)