Dec 7, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Cheap enough for a backup outfielder and the Pirates are obviously hoping McLouth will bounce back to where he was prior to their trading him to the Braves in mid-2009.
On the other hand his agent did well to secure a major-league deal for considerably more than the minimum salary considering McLouth hit just .210 with a .650 OPS during the past two seasons while missing lots of time with injuries.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 57
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 27
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)