Dec 7, 2011, 1:48 PM EDT
Cheap enough for a backup outfielder and the Pirates are obviously hoping McLouth will bounce back to where he was prior to their trading him to the Braves in mid-2009.
On the other hand his agent did well to secure a major-league deal for considerably more than the minimum salary considering McLouth hit just .210 with a .650 OPS during the past two seasons while missing lots of time with injuries.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8