Dec 7, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Heard Nakajima’s bat could be better than Twins’ Nishioka, but not as good a fielder.
“Nishioka” would be Tsuyoshi Nishioka.
So that opinion suggests Nakajima’s bat “could be better than” a guy who hit .226 with zero homers and a .527 OPS. And he’s “not as good a fielder” as a guy who broke his leg playing second base largely because he didn’t know how to properly turn a double play and was completely overmatched when switched to shortstop.
The good news is that the Yankees reportedly bid only $2 million for Nakajima, whereas the Twins bid $9 million for Nishioka as part of a $15 million total commitment.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)