Dec 7, 2011, 2:14 PM EST
Heard Nakajima’s bat could be better than Twins’ Nishioka, but not as good a fielder.
“Nishioka” would be Tsuyoshi Nishioka.
So that opinion suggests Nakajima’s bat “could be better than” a guy who hit .226 with zero homers and a .527 OPS. And he’s “not as good a fielder” as a guy who broke his leg playing second base largely because he didn’t know how to properly turn a double play and was completely overmatched when switched to shortstop.
The good news is that the Yankees reportedly bid only $2 million for Nakajima, whereas the Twins bid $9 million for Nishioka as part of a $15 million total commitment.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)