Dec 7, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Heard Nakajima’s bat could be better than Twins’ Nishioka, but not as good a fielder.
“Nishioka” would be Tsuyoshi Nishioka.
So that opinion suggests Nakajima’s bat “could be better than” a guy who hit .226 with zero homers and a .527 OPS. And he’s “not as good a fielder” as a guy who broke his leg playing second base largely because he didn’t know how to properly turn a double play and was completely overmatched when switched to shortstop.
The good news is that the Yankees reportedly bid only $2 million for Nakajima, whereas the Twins bid $9 million for Nishioka as part of a $15 million total commitment.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead