Dec 7, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
5:20 p.m. EST update: It doesn’t sound like anything big came out of this meeting. And, according to FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal, the White Sox player drawing the most interest over the last day is utilityman Brent Lillibridge.
ESPN Boston’s Gordon Edes reports that the Red Sox are currently meeting with the White Sox to discuss John Danks and Gavin Floyd.
Outfielder Carlos Quentin and left-handed reliever Matt Thornton have also been mentioned as possibilities for Boston. Danks might be the team’s top target, though. The left-hander with one year left to go before free agency would slot in behind Jon Lester and Josh Beckett in Boston’s rotation. He went 8-12 with a 4.33 ERA last season, but he was 40-31 with a 3.61 ERA the three previous years.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)