Dec 7, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
5:20 p.m. EST update: It doesn’t sound like anything big came out of this meeting. And, according to FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal, the White Sox player drawing the most interest over the last day is utilityman Brent Lillibridge.
ESPN Boston’s Gordon Edes reports that the Red Sox are currently meeting with the White Sox to discuss John Danks and Gavin Floyd.
Outfielder Carlos Quentin and left-handed reliever Matt Thornton have also been mentioned as possibilities for Boston. Danks might be the team’s top target, though. The left-hander with one year left to go before free agency would slot in behind Jon Lester and Josh Beckett in Boston’s rotation. He went 8-12 with a 4.33 ERA last season, but he was 40-31 with a 3.61 ERA the three previous years.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)