Dec 7, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
5:20 p.m. EST update: It doesn’t sound like anything big came out of this meeting. And, according to FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal, the White Sox player drawing the most interest over the last day is utilityman Brent Lillibridge.
ESPN Boston’s Gordon Edes reports that the Red Sox are currently meeting with the White Sox to discuss John Danks and Gavin Floyd.
Outfielder Carlos Quentin and left-handed reliever Matt Thornton have also been mentioned as possibilities for Boston. Danks might be the team’s top target, though. The left-hander with one year left to go before free agency would slot in behind Jon Lester and Josh Beckett in Boston’s rotation. He went 8-12 with a 4.33 ERA last season, but he was 40-31 with a 3.61 ERA the three previous years.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)