Dec 7, 2011, 5:20 PM EDT
5:20 p.m. EST update: It doesn’t sound like anything big came out of this meeting. And, according to FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal, the White Sox player drawing the most interest over the last day is utilityman Brent Lillibridge.
ESPN Boston’s Gordon Edes reports that the Red Sox are currently meeting with the White Sox to discuss John Danks and Gavin Floyd.
Outfielder Carlos Quentin and left-handed reliever Matt Thornton have also been mentioned as possibilities for Boston. Danks might be the team’s top target, though. The left-hander with one year left to go before free agency would slot in behind Jon Lester and Josh Beckett in Boston’s rotation. He went 8-12 with a 4.33 ERA last season, but he was 40-31 with a 3.61 ERA the three previous years.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)