Dec 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
This certainly won’t quell the rumors that the southpaw isn’t big on pressure situations.
Bedard made 24 starts last season and went 5-9 with a 3.62 ERA for Seattle and Boston. He proved that his stuff is still mostly intact after years of shoulder problems, but it’s anyone’s guess is he’ll ever put together another full season. The 32-year-old has made 30 starts in a year just once. Last year’s 24 was his high total since 2007.
Bedard will join Kevin Correia, James McDonald and Jeff Karstens in the Pittsburgh rotation. Charlie Morton could also have a spot if healthy, but the Pirates will likely be on the lookout for one more starter this winter.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)