Dec 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
This certainly won’t quell the rumors that the southpaw isn’t big on pressure situations.
Bedard made 24 starts last season and went 5-9 with a 3.62 ERA for Seattle and Boston. He proved that his stuff is still mostly intact after years of shoulder problems, but it’s anyone’s guess is he’ll ever put together another full season. The 32-year-old has made 30 starts in a year just once. Last year’s 24 was his high total since 2007.
Bedard will join Kevin Correia, James McDonald and Jeff Karstens in the Pittsburgh rotation. Charlie Morton could also have a spot if healthy, but the Pirates will likely be on the lookout for one more starter this winter.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)