Dec 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
This certainly won’t quell the rumors that the southpaw isn’t big on pressure situations.
Bedard made 24 starts last season and went 5-9 with a 3.62 ERA for Seattle and Boston. He proved that his stuff is still mostly intact after years of shoulder problems, but it’s anyone’s guess is he’ll ever put together another full season. The 32-year-old has made 30 starts in a year just once. Last year’s 24 was his high total since 2007.
Bedard will join Kevin Correia, James McDonald and Jeff Karstens in the Pittsburgh rotation. Charlie Morton could also have a spot if healthy, but the Pirates will likely be on the lookout for one more starter this winter.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)