Dec 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Ian Stewart has been linked to the Cubs for weeks, and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Colorado is “discussing” a trade that would send the third baseman to Chicago for outfielder Tyler Colvin.
Colvin followed up a solid rookie showing by hitting just .150 in 80 games this year and the 26-year-old’s lack of plate discipline undermines his 25-homer power. Of course, Stewart was just as bad for the Rockies and is set to earn around $3 million through the arbitration process.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)