Dec 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Ian Stewart has been linked to the Cubs for weeks, and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Colorado is “discussing” a trade that would send the third baseman to Chicago for outfielder Tyler Colvin.
Colvin followed up a solid rookie showing by hitting just .150 in 80 games this year and the 26-year-old’s lack of plate discipline undermines his 25-homer power. Of course, Stewart was just as bad for the Rockies and is set to earn around $3 million through the arbitration process.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20