Dec 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
Ian Stewart has been linked to the Cubs for weeks, and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Colorado is “discussing” a trade that would send the third baseman to Chicago for outfielder Tyler Colvin.
Colvin followed up a solid rookie showing by hitting just .150 in 80 games this year and the 26-year-old’s lack of plate discipline undermines his 25-homer power. Of course, Stewart was just as bad for the Rockies and is set to earn around $3 million through the arbitration process.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 59
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)