Dec 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Ian Stewart has been linked to the Cubs for weeks, and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Colorado is “discussing” a trade that would send the third baseman to Chicago for outfielder Tyler Colvin.
Colvin followed up a solid rookie showing by hitting just .150 in 80 games this year and the 26-year-old’s lack of plate discipline undermines his 25-homer power. Of course, Stewart was just as bad for the Rockies and is set to earn around $3 million through the arbitration process.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)