Dec 7, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Ian Stewart has been linked to the Cubs for weeks, and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Colorado is “discussing” a trade that would send the third baseman to Chicago for outfielder Tyler Colvin.
Colvin followed up a solid rookie showing by hitting just .150 in 80 games this year and the 26-year-old’s lack of plate discipline undermines his 25-homer power. Of course, Stewart was just as bad for the Rockies and is set to earn around $3 million through the arbitration process.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)