Dec 7, 2011, 10:18 PM EST
The Royals have let a number of talented players depart via free agency in the past 10-plus offseasons. Hoping to turn a new leaf as an organization, they’re going to try not to do that so much anymore.
Gordon is arbitration-eligible in 2012 and 2013, so there’s no real rush this winter. But the Royals don’t want him to get even a whiff of the open market.
A former second overall draft pick, the 27-year-old outfielder finally realized his potential this year on the way to posting a .303/.376/.502 batting line, 23 home runs, 87 RBI and 17 steals in 688 plate appearances.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)